Tips & Information
The U-Pick experience is unique to our area and our farmers make their living by the sale of their products. Harvest Time recommends that you follow our simple tips to ensure a pleasurable visit and allow our farms to maintain their beauty.
- No climbing or damaging trees.
- Children are not allowed on ladders.
- You must buy what you pick.
- Check produce for ripeness before picking it.
- Do not throw fruit.
- Please do not litter.
Traffic Awareness & Safety
- Watch for traffic and pedestrians when pulling into and out of farms.
- If you are unsure of your destination:
- Pull off the road in a safe location and re-check your map.
- Use your cell phone to call your grower, if necessary.
- Stop into any of our growers’ stands and simply ask for directions.
- Do not make illegal U-turns.
- Be cautious of approaching traffic that may be exceeding the speed limit! (This does happen, unfortunately)
- Remember that all traffic laws are strictly enforced by the California Highway Patrol and the City of Brentwood Police Department.
Comfort & Enjoyment
- Carpooling saves time and gas.
- Check for availability of produce by calling farms before leaving home.
- Come in the morning–it’s cooler.
- Wear comfortable clothing and sensible shoes.
- Bring a box or container to take your produce home.
- Don’t forget to wear sunscreen or some form of skin protection.
- Buy enough produce to share with friends & neighbors.
HARVEST TIME GROWERS